The registration for our programs (FunFit and FitClub) is now closed. The programs will be offered again in September 2017. In the meantime, if your organization is interested in taking part in next year’s session, you can let us know by completing the form below.
1. Who can register a group of girls for FunFit?
To register a group of girls for FunFit you must be a teacher, camp counsellor, coach, educator, or anyone else who works with girls aged 12 to 17.
2. What are the steps to enroll your group in FunFit?
- Come up with one or several fun ideas for physical activity(ies) that girls can do amongst themselves;
- Check to see if these activities correspond with FitSpirit’s criteria (see the next question for details);
- Register for the program by completing the registration form at the top of the page before October 14.
- Receive your approval from FitSpirit in a newsletter (it can take up to one week);
- Have fun being active with the girls in your group!
3. What are the eligibility criteria for FunFit?
- You must be from a school or organization that works with young girls aged 12 to 17 in order to register a group of girls.
- You undertake to organize one or several activities between September 17 and December 9 that meet the following criteria:
- Takes place among girls only in a non-competitive environment;
- Be safe and accessible to as many participants as possible;
- Must be a minimum of 30 minutes;
- Spreads FitSpirit’s values (supporting one another, self-esteem, surpassing your limits and having fun);
- Focus on the idea of enjoyment and having fun!
- You must submit your activity(ies) for FitSpirit approval by completing the registration form provided for this purpose before October 14, 2016.
- You must ABSOLUTELY have fun being active with the girls during your activity. It’s the most important criteria so don’t lose sight of it. FitSpirit will be watchingJ
4. What are the benefits of FunFit? Why should I register my group?
You’ll be contributing to the development of healthy lifestyle habits among the teenage girls in your group;
You’ll be eligible for contests and have a chance to win prizes;
You’ll have a way to share your successes and your experiences with your peers by using the closed group Facebook page for FitSpirit program leaders;
Finally, it doesn’t cost a thing! So really, there’s no reason not to try it, right?
5. How can we part of the group draw related to FunFit?
Once you receive FitSpirit approval for your activity(ies), you’ll be automatically entered in the group draw.
We also invite you to regularly visit our private Facebook group page for FitSpirit program leaders where we’ll announce our winners, and occasionally we’ll propose various suggestions to give you additional chances to win prizes.
6. What are the prizes to be won?
We do not disclose prizes ahead of time, but you can find out who the winners are as well as the prize they receive by visiting our private Facebook group page for FitSpirit program leaders and in the newsletter that we’ll send you weekly.
7. Can I enroll in the program even if my organization has never participated in other FitSpirit programs?
Absolutely! You just have to follow the steps to register a group; see the question “What are the steps to enroll your group in FunFit?” a little higher up on this page.
8. I received FitSpirit approval for my activity(ies); what do I do now?
You’re now responsible for the logistics of your activities. Here are the suggested steps to ensure its success:
- Establish a calendar with the dates of your activity(ies);
- Book a space where you can carry out your activity(ies);
- Secure the equipment and people necessary to carry out the activity(ies);
- Promote and recruit for your activity(ies) amongst the girls;
- Have fun with the girls during your activity(ies);
- Share your experience with your peers (optional).
If you don’t know how to get started on these steps, or if you have any questions along the way, we invite you to share them on our private Facebook group page for FitSpirit program leaders. Several stakeholders who participate in the discussions on this page have the experience and knowledge to help you in the process. You’re not alone… FitSpirit is a big community, a movement that grows year after year!
9. What are the tools at my disposal to carry out my activity(ies)?
- The Fitspirit newsletter is a source of inspiration to develop original activities which the girls will love;
- A simple virtual tool box which gives access to facilitates the promotion and organization of activities for the girls;
- A Facebook discussion group bringing together FitSpirit program leaders promotes sharing and exchange of best practices to maximize everyone’s enjoyment during FunFit;
- The FitSpirit brand to gives wings to any new sports activities with the girls.
10. How is this program different from FitClub?
FitSpirit offers two programs which have the same objective and motivating factors, but two distinct approaches to fit the type of involvement you’re interested in.
FitClub : a turnkey program with a fixed commitment level.
FunFit : a self-run program with a variable level of commitment.
FunFit is a program through which FitSpirit encourages schools and organizations from different milieus to create their own sports activities to encourage teenage girls aged 12 to 17 to get moving in the Fall. It’s spread out over a period of 8 to 10 weeks between september and december. The frequency of your activity is at your discretion : one-time activity, weekly activity, 3 times at different moments, etc. You are the masters of your programming.
FitClub is an 8 to 10-week running training program developed by Fitspirit espeCially For teenage girls aged 12 to 17. the program has been a true suCCess sinCe its launCh in 2010. FitClub takes plaCe between the months oF February and June
11. If I don’t participate in FunFit, can I still register my group for FitClub?
Absolutely. These are two programs with a common goal, but they offer different approaches (see details in previous question). So it’s possible that one of them is more in keeping with what you’re looking for. You just have to find the right fit!
12. I don’t have any ideas! What are some activities that I can organize?
Be creative. It doesn’t have to be complicated. Put on some music and dance. Get out a few hoops and sway your hips! It doesn’t matter what everyone looks like doing it—girls like to move, especially if there are no guys around. You can also decide to have your group participate in an existing activity in your area (a run, sports workshop, etc.)
You can also use our private Facebook group page for FitSpirit program leaders to get ideas from others who have had success with certain activities. As they say, two heads are better than one!
In the FitSpirit weekly newsletter, we’ll also share some ideas that can give you inspiration. We can’t promise it will always be interesting, but we’ll at least give it a try!
13. How much does it cost to take part in FunFit?There is no charge. You can request a small amount from the girls in your group if you want to rent equipment or invite an instructor to one of your activities. It’s at your discretion. Keep in mind that your activity needs to be accessible to the greatest possible number of participants.